This Dragon’s Loyalty Award comes to me from the ever-fabulous Evil Squirrel (http://evilsquirrelsnest.com). I can’t thank him enough, not only for an award that has such a lovely graphic (Seriously … who doesn’t love dragons? When I was a kid, I wanted a pet dragon for the longest time, until I realized it was too big to keep in my room and that it would probably set my Holly Hobby bed spread on fire. Still …), but for counting me among his most loyal readers. And, if anyone reading this post hasn’t already found ES’s wonderful blog, I urge you to head over there as soon as possible. Not only is the Evil Squirrel’s Nest filled with squirrely hijinx galore, ES is also the author of one of the funniest comics around. Plus, there’s even a Rainbow Donkey! Yep, that’s right. Rainbow Donkey. It’s too hard to explain. You just need to see it for yourself.
My Seven “Interesting” Facts:
As it usually goes with these award thingies, I am to list seven interesting facts about myself. I know I’m supposed to, but I can’t promise “interesting”. It’s been a long day, and I’m tired. So the best I can promise is that all seven are actual facts. Because knowing is half the battle … or something like that.
- I am so tired right now that I can hardly think. My allergies are still kicking my butt, and I now have a sore throat and earache, too. I am not a happy camper.
- I know I mentioned this before, but … I HATE SPRING!
- I always wanted to learn to play the piano, but we didn’t have enough money for lessons when I was a kid. Later on, I learned to play the flute in school (for band), and I babysat and did odd jobs in order to pay for flute lessons.
- I finally (FINALLY!!) started editing and rewriting the rough draft of my book. It’s been sitting for almost two years, which makes me super ashamed. Oh well … better late than never.
- I almost always get fantastic story ideas while in the shower. There’s something freeing about standing under all that hot water. But, by the time I get out and dry off, I usually forget the fantastic idea before I manage to write it down. Frustrating.
- I like country music. I like lots of other music, too. I have wide-ranging tastes. But I grew up with country music and never lost my love for it.
- I want to write characters that feel “real”, and stories about the things (emotions, experiences, etc.) that make up “real life”. But I often feel daunted by this because I believe I have never really taken chances, had interesting experiences, or lived with abandon.
I like the idea of passing this award along to some of my most loyal followers and readers. Some folks have been here since the very first day I started this blog. Others are new friends who have quickly become the kind of internet people I could see myself sitting down with for a cup of tea and a chat in real life. I know that’s probably creepy and all, but … there ‘ya go. Even though I’ve only picked a few blogs to include here, I hope it goes without saying that I dearly love each and every person who follows my blog, who stops in to like even a single post, or who leaves a comment. Well, I hope it goes without saying, but, really, such things should be said, right? So here goes: I love you guys!!! Many, many, many thanks to each of my readers and followers for the time you spend in my blog, for your support, and for your presence here on WordPress.
As I’ve said before, some folks love these awards and some don’t. If you love it and want to participate in all the awards fun, I will be happy to see you pass it along. If you don’t enjoy participating … or if you feel shy about it … or, for whatever reason, just don’t want to make a post and pass the award along to someone else, that is okay, too. Either way, I extend my admiration for your blogs and my appreciation for your continued support of my own blogging efforts.
- That’s a Jenn Story (http://thatsajennstory.wordpress.com)
- A New Perspective Perhaps (http://anewperspectiveperhaps.wordpress.com)
- On Wylie Hill (http://onwyliehill.wordpress.com)
- Experienced Tutors (http://experiencedtutors.wordpress.com)
- Elisa Ruland (http://funandfabulousness.wordpress.com)
- Alesia Blogs (http://alesiablogs.wordpress.com)
- Seth Snap (http://sethsnap.com)
- Silver Poetry (http://silverpoetry.wordpress.com)
- Positive Words Magazine (http://positivewordsmagazine.wordpress.com)
- Lady or Not … Here I Come (http://ladyornot.com)
- Novel Conclusions (http://novelconclusions.com)
- And I Dreamed (http://andidreamed.wordpress.com)