I’m ashamed to say that the wonderfully talented J.R. Taylor (http://jrtaylorwrites.wordpress.com) nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award waaaaay back at the beginning of February. I have no idea how it happened, but it got lost in the mix. So here I am, over a month later, posting about it. Have I mentioned how much I fail at doing these things in a timely manner? Ugh. My biggest and most humble apologies for the oversight, J.R. Taylor. I can’t thank you enough for the nomination. I quickly fell in love with your blog and your poetry, and, for anyone reading this post, please take the time to visit J.R. Taylor’s blog. You will not be disappointed! It is just that fantastic.
And now … onward and upward!
- Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 fellow bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award; tell them by posting a comment on their blogs.
Seven Things About Me:
- I like ice cream in the winter, but not so much in the summer.
- I hate answering machines. I turn into a blithering idiot at the first beep and end up leaving the most ridiculous, rambling messages. It’s embarrassing.
- I can’t grocery shop without a list. I find myself confused by the bright lights, the advertisements and displays, and the overload of choices. Without a list, I end up wandering up and down the aisles until I give up and head home with something I didn’t need, like a jar of pickles and three squeeze bottles of mustard.
- I like hot tea. Earl Grey is my favorite.
- I’m addicted to the TV show, “Castle”.
- I have a terrible sense of balance, and it took me forever to learn how to ride a bike. I haven’t been on a bike in years, so I’m not sure I still remember how to ride one, but I did at one time!
- I played the flute in school. (From 5th grade all the way through 12th)
Okay. So here comes the “dreaded” (or not) nominations section. Some folks love being nominated for these awards. Some folks hate it. As a person who simply loves and follows all of these blogs, it is impossible for me to know into which camp various bloggers may fall. So … I’m going to list my nominees in the hopes that they will enjoy this, and that receiving a nomination will be a good or happy thing for them, as it was for me. In the end, I think what’s most important is driving traffic to a blog or a site. All the writing in the world — no matter how creative or beautiful it might be — is for nothing if no one reads it. For anyone who reads this post, please, please, please go and visit these blogs. Each one is a little gem, and I think spending some time with them will make your day a little happier and your heart a little lighter.
For the bloggers I’ve listed below, please take this nomination for what it is: an act of love and devotion from me to your blog and the time and effort you’ve put into its content, as well as a resounding “thank you” to all of you for the way your posts lift my spirits and make me think on a daily basis. You are all rock stars, as far as I’m concerned. If you like getting these awards and playing along, then feel free to do so. If you don’t want to participate, that’s quite all right, too. But please always remember how wonderful you all are and how your blogs enrich the lives of those of us who follow them.
- That’s a Jenn Story (http://thatsajennstory.wordpress.com)
- MJPIENAAR (http://mjpienaar.wordpress.com)
- Happy Little Somethings (http://happylittlesomethings.com)
- Gentle Stitches (http://gentlestitches.com)
- Bite Size Canada (http://tkmorin.wordpress.com)
- A New Perspective Perhaps (http://anewperspectiveperhaps.wordpress.com)
- Everything Under the Sun and More (http://everythingunderthesunandmore.wordpress.com)