The second Liebster Blog Award nomination came from Tracy Embor (http://tracycembor.com/about/). Tracy Embor’s blog is a relatively new find for me; I’ve only been following it for a short while. But I am thrilled to bits to have found it. Tracy Embor’s blog is lovely, and her writing is creative and beautiful. I treasure each moment spent lost in her posts.
Thank you so, so much, Tracy Embor, for thinking of me and for nominating my blog for this award!
Because I’m posting about these nominations together, I’ve decided to recycle quite a bit of my previous Liebster post. My random facts, my questions for nominees, and my list of nominees all remain the same. But!! Tracy Embor asked a different set of questions. In the interest of keeping the posts (sort of) manageable, length-wise, I decided to split them into two, even though it meant recycling a good bit of text.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
Questions from Tracy Embor:
1. What is your favorite book, and why?
I love to read, and I love reading a variety of books. Typically, I will read 2-4 books at a time. But, I’m not sure I have a “favorite” favorite. Typically, I will have a favorite book of the moment. With that said, there are certain books or series of books to which I am attached: The Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander remain favorites from my childhood. I still love revisiting these books. I also love C.J. Cherryh’s “Russian Folktale” series, although I think I’m in the minority on that one! The Dresden Files books and anything from the Discworld also remain favorites.
2. Where is the coolest place you have ever been?
I used to work in a kitchen when I was in high school, and I once went into the walk-in freezer. So … *ahem*
But, if we’re talking about “real” places, I would have to say Canada. Perhaps it’s corny of me, but I love Canada. I would very much like to live there. Vancouver and the Niagara Falls area are favorites for me.
3. What is the fanciest dish you know how to cook?
I’m not a very fancy cook. Probably Tarragon Chicken. Or Apricot-glazed chicken. (I cook a lot of chicken.)
4. First kiss — did you do the kissing or were you the one kissed?
It was a tie.
5. What song do you always turn up the volume for when you hear it?
“Name” and “Acoustic #3”, both by the Goo Goo Dolls
6. Sneakers, flats, pumps, boots, stilettos, sandals, or barefoot?
Barefoot, although I’m more afraid of germs these days. So, probably sneakers.
7. What is the best movie ever?
I’m not sure if they qualify as “best ever”, but my favorite movies are: City of Joy, Music & Lyrics, Howl’s Moving Castle, and My Neighbor Totoro.
8. Why do you have a blog?
To see if I could still write, and to find out if I could manage to reach others with my writing. My confidence bottomed-out, and I felt like no one read my writing at all. After feeling this way for quite some time, I came to the conclusion that it must be because I sucked as a writer. So, to settle this question for myself, I decided to start the blog. If it was a huge failure, then I would know I wasn’t meant to be a writer, and I could move on to something else.
9. What is your favorite genre of fiction to read?
10. Who is your favorite character in anything, and why?
Aya Fujimiya, who is a character in this really terrible anime (which I happen to love in a mindlessly fangirl way) called Weiss Kreuz. I adore him because he is emotionally tortured and quiet … yet he feels things very deeply. He keeps his emotions locked away most of the time. In spite of everything he faces, he remains loyal and focused on his plans. He eventually overcomes his demons, and manages to live life on his own terms.
11. Is there anything else you would like to add about how incredibly awesome, talented, and good-looking you are?
My 11 Random Facts:
- My favorite season is winter.
- I still cry over Tex, my Springer Spaniel who passed away seven years ago.
- I never planned on getting married or having kids. Good thing I did, though, as I am so blessed by both my husband and my beautiful daughter. I can’t imagine my life without them.
- I hated being a lawyer because it sucked all the creativity out of me.
- Seeing the cherry trees bloom and the robins hopping around in my yard make me happy. Even though I don’t get along with Spring.
- I struggle with Depression. Constantly.
- I am afraid of the ocean.
- I am a horrible housekeeper, and I feel really guilty about this.
- I feel terrified and overwhelmed by the thought of editing my book — which is why I’ve been stuck on it for years now.
- If I hadn’t started blogging on WordPress, I sincerely believe I would have given up on writing all together.
- I do not like to carry a purse or my cell phone with me wherever I go — but I do because it’s expected of me.
Questions for My Nominees:
- What are your hobbies, other than writing or blogging?
- If you could be a bird, what kind would you be — and why?
- What is your least favorite household chore?
- Do you prefer typing on the computer or writing long-hand first and then typing?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Do you watch TV, and what’s your favorite show?
- Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you prefer black ink, blue ink, or another color in your pen?
- What annoys you the most about blogging and/or life on the internet? (Hopefully, you won’t answer “being nominated for this award”!)
- Do you have any phobias?
My Nominees for the Liebster Award:
Okay. So here comes the “dreaded” (or not) nominations section. Some folks love being nominated for these awards. Some folks hate it. As a person who simply loves and follows all of these blogs, it is impossible for me to know into which camp various bloggers may fall. So … I’m going to list my nominees in the hopes that they will enjoy this, and that receiving a nomination will be a good or happy thing for them, as it was for me. In the end, I think what’s most important is driving traffic to a blog or a site. All the writing in the world — no matter how creative or beautiful it might be — is for nothing if no one reads it. For anyone who managed to make it to the end of this extremely long post, please, please, please go and visit these blogs. Each one is a little gem, and I think spending some time with them will make your day a little happier and your heart a little lighter.
For the bloggers I’ve listed below, please take this nomination for what it is: an act of love and devotion from me to your blog and the time and effort you’ve put into its content, as well as a resounding “thank you” to all of you for the way your posts lift my spirits and make me think on a daily basis. You are all rock stars, as far as I’m concerned. If you like getting these awards and playing along, then feel free to do so. Pass the Liebster Award along to some more deserving blogs. If you don’t want to participate, that’s quite all right, too. But please always remember how wonderful you all are and how your blogs enrich the lives of those of us who follow them.
Jacqui Reed (http://jacquireed.wordpress.com)
Brad Young’s Art (http://bradyoungart.wordpress.com)
Yahobahne “Designs” (http://his4glorydotcom.wordpress.com)
A New Perspective Perhaps (http://anewperspectiveperhaps.wordpress.com)
Mindful Musings (http://lookingforphyllis.wordpress.com)
Squirrel Sciuridae (http://squirrelsciuridae.wordpress.com)
St. Sahm (http://stsahm.wordpress.com)
On Wylie Hill (http://onwyliehill.wordpress.com)
Jill Weatherholt (http://jillweatherholt.wordpress.com)
Momisms – My Moments in Motherhood (http://mymomismmoments.wordpress.com)
Ephemeral Gecko (http://ephemeralgecko.com)