Display the Award Certificate on your website
Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
I really want to type: The Versatile Blogger Award!!!, with many exclamation marks, because this really is a “yay!” sort of moment for me. But I feel like I should type: The Versatile Blogger Award??, with many question marks, instead, because I have felt anything but “versatile” during the past week. This is why I’m so tardy in posting about this. This past week ate my lunch, to put it mildly.
Even so, I’ve decided I shall go with the whole “yay!” thing, because, really, it’s just a lot more fun. I remain astounded — in a very wonderful and pleasant way — to find anyone even reads this blog, let alone enjoying it enough to nominate it for an award. So, I am a bit stunned, but, again, in a really great, warm-and-fuzzy way.
There are not enough thank-yous in the world to give to the wonderful and talented Veronica Haunani Fitzhugh of Charlottesville Winter (http://cvillewinter.wordpress.com) for nominating my blog for this award. If you haven’t seen her blog yet, please, drop everything and head over there this very second. You will not be sorry!!
So … seven more interesting things about myself. I am sitting here, making a face at my computer, as I think to myself, “Self, you know … We pretty much exhausted all the interesting things about you with the previous award post.” Yeah. A bit stumped here, but I’ll give it a go.
1. I am a terrible traveler. I enjoy seeing and experiencing new places, but I despise the act of getting from point A to point B. I whine and complain the whole time we are in the airport, standing in the security line, taking off our shoes, etc., etc., etc. Really, I’m not trying to be a brat. I’m horribly shy, and crowds freak me out. The thought of going through the X-ray freaks me out. And I live in terror of the possibility that I’ll have to go through one of those body scanner things.
2. I always wanted an Etch-a-Sketch when I was a kid. I asked for one repeatedly, but this wish was never granted — until a couple of years ago when my sweet hubby got one for me for Christmas. Basically, I can only draw a straight line on it, but I love that darn thing to bits. And he scored big points for nostalgia.
3. I don’t like my food to touch when it’s on my plate. I probably should have outgrown this oddity as a child, but I didn’t. I’ve just gotten better at hiding it when I’m in public.
4. My favorite thing to eat at a Japanese restaurant is a Bento-box type of lunch / entree. Because all the food comes in its own little compartment. This is heaven for someone who has food oddities. (See “interesting fact #3”, above.)
5. I love bunnies, and I’ve always wanted a pet rabbit. I will never have one, because I also love dogs. I am pretty certain that dogs and bunnies wouldn’t mix well.
6. I grew up in the Texas Hill Country, and our house was overrun with scorpions for some reason. I think we might have had the bad luck to buy a house that was on or near a huge nest of them or something. Anyhow, we had to check our beds and ceilings for scorpions every night and our shoes for them every morning.
7. I am not fond of the color yellow. And yet, the common areas of my house (stairwells, hallways, living room, entry way) are all painted yellow. Because, when we bought this house, I felt (very strongly) that it NEEDED to be yellow. I don’t get it, even now. But the house gets what the house wants. I am hoping that my house will soon change its mind and decide it needs to be a different color. A peaceful blue-gray would be nice …
My nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award: